Saturday, July 12, 2008

The good news is that Grandpa Don is feeling better, the bad news is that he isn't better enough to take our kids like he usually does! So instead we decided to be brave and took Quinn and Cooper out for a family date night. We went to Red Robin for dinner, mainly because it is loud (so people can't hear our kids scream) and because it has free balloons (Cooper just loves balloons). I have to say it was a very successful meal. What makes a meal successful? Well, when you are eating with a 2 and a 4 year old a meal is a success when the adults get to finish eating before all hell breaks loose! Besides that Quinn really enjoyed his pizza and fries and Cooper refused to eat anything. He did however drink tons of Sprite and yes....a little Diet Coke.

After dinner we drove over to the mall for haircuts. Quinn was desperately in need of one and Cooper was ready for a trim. There was a 15 minute wait so Quinn decided to climb up into one of the empty stylist chairs and watch Barney. It was pretty funny that he so willingly sat in that chair for 15 minutes without moving at all, but when it came time for a haircut he totally freaked out. He went first and I had to hold him in my lap. He struggled and struggled and the nice lady kept making comments like "He's so strong" and "Mom, you are really sweating." Well, yeah! It was really hot in there and holding Quinn in my lap was like wrestling with an alligator! Except for all the stuggling Quinn was actually a very good boy, didn't cry and let the lady finish cutting his hair. It is nice and short so we hopefully don't have to do this again anytime soon. When it was over we were both totally covered with hair!

Cooper went next, he sat in the chair and we handed him a lollipop. He didn't move at all the entire haircut except to take the lollipop out of his mouth and examine it a few times. The first time I saw him do this I instantly realized the problem with combining sticky lollipops and haircuts. Whose idea was this?? Sure enough, when the lady went to cut his bangs he suddenly had the cutest little red mustache and goatee. Yup, the area around his mouth was all sticky from the lollipop and when the hair fell down in his face it stuck! It was cute and gross at the same time. Oh well, after that we went home and had baths since we were all covered with hair!

And the big news? There was a message when we got home, the boys have a new cousin! His name is Max! Congratulations Uncle Scott and Aunt Stacey!